Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 3:33:24 PM EDT
modify standard ak mags to fit in the saiga?I know the proper hicaps are on there way into the us,however I have a boatload of standard ak mags and no longer have a wasr-10 for them.thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes,
but as soon as you put one in a Saiga you have violated US Code Title 18,Part I,Chapter 44,Section 922,Paragraph (r) unless the Saiga has no more than 10 imported parts.
The Saiga will have to have a feed ramp added or you will have to weld up the front of the mag.
Here is a pic of a Saiga and a AK-47 mag notice how the front is higher on the Saiga mag. This is because due to the front being higher the cartridges feed directly from the Saiga mag into the chamber. The AK-47 mag the cartridges come out lower hit the feed ramp and are guided into the chamber.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
ok how will you be able to install the saiga highcaps that eaa are importing,has been posted here that they should be here in about 30 days?thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
MRW went over this in one of the topic pinned at the top.  Apparently Saigas could be imported with hicaps or installed at a latter date, so long at they kept the sporter stock, because they still comply with importation regs.  Then again, EAA could be importing them as 'use at your own risk.'
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top