Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 12:04:09 AM EDT
what is needed to convert the saiga to use a regular akm gas tube?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
you need a lower handguard front band.  Dinzag arms makes a "bolt in" kit that is MUCH easier to install (don't have to press off both the front sight and gas block!)

Also need a conventional (non-Saiga) AK gas tube, as the Saiga tube is just straight / bare without mounting points for the upper handguard.

Then add your appropriate upper and lower handguards in their respective places and you are Good To Go!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:58:24 AM EDT
[#2]
o yea i forgot about the lower hanguard retainer, not sure i like the bolt on one, but if i wer to get the regular one would i have to cut the notch in the barrel for the lever of the retainerto fit into? and all you have to do for the upper is get a standard ak gas tube?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Correct on both.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
hmmm well mabye that hmmm well mabye that bolt on on doesnt look so bad haha.... thanks alot bigger hammer
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#5]
the bolt on is good to go. Use the red locktite on it though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the bolt on is fine.

When I had my FSB pressed on I considered going with a regular retainer, but then the price of the conversion would have gone up considerably. I don't even notice the difference in practice so I'm happy with what I have.

Z
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top