Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2009 9:39:47 AM EDT
Looking to get a Russian RAK from Atlantic Firearms. Its a full Ak 47 style Saiga conversion, wondering if any of you guys have had hands on experience with one? How is the quality and workmanship? I want something that looks factory done can't deal with marring and marks at that price!

Russian RAK AK47 (Saiga)
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have stock Saiga 7.62 and Im assuming thats the base for this rifle you posted...I love the Saiga, and it's real Russian, kinda rare in my state. i'd go with it, considering a Saiga is $400-500 and all the gunsmithing and converting is already done for you, thats a steal.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy a Saiga and convert it yourself.  It won't cost you near the money they are asking for that model.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The company that converted them used the Russian American Armory saiga's and not the Arsenals. No dimples and  may not have all the markings for a Russian made rifle.
I was seriously thinking of getting one myself if I couldn't get an SGL20. Theirs  comes with a muzzle brake and maybe even a sling and with the Arsenal you have to get those separately.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one of the those from Atlantic and I just got the call that it was ready to ship.  I will pick it up at my dealer by the end of the week.  I will post pics when I bring it home.

It will be a busy week because the RRA CAR4 I ordered in October is also in this Week
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ordered one of the those from Atlantic and I just got the call that it was ready to ship.  I will pick it up at my dealer by the end of the week.  I will post pics when I bring it home.

It will be a busy week because the RRA CAR4 I ordered in October is also in this Week

hmm hopefully its not the one they were holding for me...they don't take american express so  I had to apply for a damn visa to buy it, I sent them a screen shot that I was instantly approved and they said they would hold it for me til my card came (bout 6-10 days). If they didnt I'm buying a plane ticket 2 where ever they are!
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I think they got a few in.  They have been waiting on their supplier for a while.  I ordered mine in November and they just came in this week.  I will post pics when I bring it home.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
So they still had mine I bought it a few days ago...was the last one look forward to getting it and posting picks as well
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#8]
saiga's are awesome :)
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you pick yours up?
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top