Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 11:11:40 AM EDT
Hello,

I would like to replace my thumbhole stock on my wasr 10 hi cap to a standard pistol grip stock set. Is there anything that i need besides the pistol grip and the stock? Who is the best to order from?

thanks,

ben
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You may need to swap out 5 parts for us made parts to make it a "domestic" rifle. Not sure though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Classic Arms. They have 4-piece stock sets for $29, or unmatching sets for $19. The cheaper sets have a light solid beech buttstock that is a few shades lighter than the handguards. I bought a couple of their unmatched sets. Once I refinished them they looked great.

You also may have to get a pistol grip nut.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
are you looking to sell the thumb hole?  you have pics of it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
So i looked at the stock screw and tried turning it to remove the stock and the nut thingy just spins with it. Is something wrong, or was it done up like that to keep the stocks from being removed?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think there is anything designed to prevent the stock from being removed. It may take some work, but it will come off.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]
i converted my wum1 thumbhole to pistol grip.  It had the odd cut reciever and I welded an end piece that I removed from a parts kit.  Now has 6 us parts and looks good.  I bought a wood set from somone on EE for $25.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top