Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 10:36:27 AM EDT
I just picked up my first ak47 and I have a question. the serial number is s1-xxxxx-99. I beleive that signifies a sar1 built in 99, however after researching that format doesnt match up right according to gunsnet. any ifno would be appreciated. as far as being a 99, its looks fairly new.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds right. It should also have SAR-1 engraved on the left side of the receiver. I don't know when the SAR-1's were first imported. My SAR-3 is marked S3-xxxxx-2002.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#2]
yea it does. i was under the impression that sar1's were in the format like this s1-xxxx-xxxx where mine has s1-xxxxx-99 using 5 numbers but i guess its right.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I just held one at a local shop today. Marked on the trunion S1-xxxxx-99. Its priced at $399 and has a EG side folder on it. Hmmm.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top