Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 12:57:04 AM EDT
I just picked up a Wasr10 with a folding stock and was wondering what the maximum effective range of this rifle was? It is in 7.63x39mm.
I have heard the general rule is within 300m but I am not sure.
I purchased this to supplement the supplies I keep in my car and so I have little experience with this weapon system, having mostly handled the AR family of weapons.
Also I would appreciate any tips that might come in handy.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO the maximum effective range is as far out as you can hit something with the issue sights. In my case, 200 meters. If you can hit something at 300 meters then thats the effective range for you. Beyond 300 meters hitting is a crapshoot, I'm told.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#2]
depends. a lot of it is you, the shooter controls a majority of the aim. sure, the wsar may have a larger moa than other guns(mine is tight) but, practice makes perfect.

the iron sights suck. they make your max range very short. you'll have a hard time hitting targets in small groups with them, if you are looking to do any distance shooting, grab a scope.

welcome to the dark side.
heres a hint, take it out and shoot it til it smokes. break it in good. dont treat it like a lady.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It all boils down to how good YOU are.

I can hit a refrigerator at 300 yards pretty consistantly with my WASR10.

If I understand why you have the weapon, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most hunting shots are well under 100 yards and most self defense shootings are at a distance of about 3 feet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
depends. a lot of it is you, the shooter controls a majority of the aim. sure, the wsar may have a larger moa than other guns(mine is tight) but, practice makes perfect.

how did you get yours tight, just wondering, had a wasr before, getting another soon, and wanted to know if anything can be worked on or added to, to give tighter groupings.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
just how the gun came. i haven't done anything to it, it just happens to group really well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how did you get yours tight, just wondering, had a wasr before, getting another soon, and wanted to know if anything can be worked on or added to, to give tighter groupings.

shove ice cubes in the butt stock.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top