User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 2:10:25 PM EDT
Please delete
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
the ones that are on there look like SVD flash hiders...........unless you want to spend like 150 bucks and get a real one from russia, but I can't say for sure that it will fit on the ROMAK barrel

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=36363635
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The muzzle brake on mine looks somewhat like an SVD hider but the slots are vertical rather than horizontal.  I know this is the factory brake but I'd like something that's a little longer and has longitudinal slots.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
the only thing I can  sugguest is maybe you can use a L1A1, thise are pretty long, and have the slots in them like the SVD,  and somehow attach it to the barrel........or if the barrel meaures out to 0.622 inches OD under the front sight, then a SVD sight should fit it.....that what the SVD TIGR measures out to.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Tho only problem with the longitudinal slots is the preasure wave tends to grove and eventually cut them over time. This is not an uncommon problem on FAL's. After shooting my Mosin I've come to apreciate just how much the muzzle break does and I can tell you I won't mess with it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
if you don't go over 150 grain 54r rounds, the recoil is not that bad, I fire WOLF 147 GR out of my SVD TIGR and the recoil is pretty tame, it just produces a hell of a fire ball, but I have a SVD FH coming from the motherland , so that won't be a problem anymore.....it just scares the hell out of me when I see a large flash through my scope........in fact it is not a good idea to fire anything over 150 grain out of a ROMAK or SVD
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top