Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 12:34:18 PM EDT
Is anybody using these?  Do they require some modification?  I know that the SAR3 were made for the Weigers but I got a bunch of bulgarians.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I lost something here, what are the differences in these mags and why not use the Jim-Dandy sheetmetal ones??????????
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to ahve and hopfully I'm getting another, but I modified a 2 different kinds and both worked just fine.  Most guys are just affraid to start filing and grinding on originals.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Never tried it on the SAR3, but it did one on my .223 Vepr and it works perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I lost something here, what are the differences in these mags and why not use the Jim-Dandy sheetmetal ones??????????

If you hafta have plastic - or if you have the waffle mags dont want to fool with selling and no other gun to run them, it might make sense. Dont underestimate the aesthetic requirements of some tho. They do look cool.

Economically - sell the Bulgies and buy almost 2 Wieger. At $12 bucks a pop,  not even sure you can retrofit bakelites.

If you mod them to fit a SAR, do they work with other rifles that use them unmodified? - say a SA M-5.

Luck
Alac

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#6]
The 5 I have work fine with no mods.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top