Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:27:59 PM EDT
ok. ive heard good and bad from a bunch of different people about these rifles. i know they arent a dragunov. are they worth the price? how much work and money will it take to make it shoot like a real sniper rifle? were is the best place to get them? thanks for your info in advance.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking to get one too. Is there anything you can do to make it a better rifle ?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have gone through a lot with mine.  Basically PSL needs 2 things:
1 - Good trigger - RedStar arms works great.
2 - Good Ammo - S&B 174GR Match shoots 1.5"
-H
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
1.5'' groups at what yardage? does anyone know any will show up with a bayo. lug since the sunset? thanx again
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I was considering ordering a Romak 3 from a SGN ad but 2-3 in groups isnt too impressive for something that is supposed to be a sniper rifle.  even 1.5 is so-so for the money they want for those things.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't waste your money. They are just an overgrown AK. I don't like the Russian type scopes they use either.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was considering ordering a Romak 3 from a SGN ad but 2-3 in groups isnt too impressive for something that is supposed to be a sniper rifle.  even 1.5 is so-so for the money they want for those things.

They aren't supposed to be a "sniper" rifle.   That is what everyone is calling them.  It's a marketing ploy.

Even the real Russian Dragunovs are not true "sniper" rifles.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Sniper rifle or not, anything with that long of a barrel and costing that much cash should shoot better than a 1.5"- 2" grouping.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll tell you how mine does after I get it assembled. I can't see that it would only do 1.5" groups at 100 yards. My Regular SAR-1 does like 3" groups ( 4 shots) at 100 yards with Wolf 7.5 cents per round ammo and an 8x POSP scope.

OTOH, I am a pretty decent shooter, I have hit a quarter with a .338 Win. mag. at 100 yards with a 4x scope and just recently (2 weekends ago) put 2 - .243 bullets through the same hole (on successive shots, not like 15 shots and 2 happened to go through the same hole) at 100 yards with a 3-12x scope on my dads new hunting Rifle.  I do think that one thing that will influence the rifles accuracy is the type of ammo that you repeatedly use. You can't use cheap ammo or I am sure that it will mar the finish of the barrel and subsequently make it less accurate. We'll see though. I hope to have mine together sometime soon, as soon as I get my parts. :)
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top