Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2003 6:44:03 AM EDT
Does anyone make a rear peep sight that'll work on the SAR-1??? I usually shoot a peep better than plain irons, so I thought I'd ask...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#1]
1) Krebs
2) Mojo
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Where can I find them, please???

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does anyone make a rear peep sight that'll work on the SAR-1??? I usually shoot a peep better than plain irons, so I thought I'd ask...

- georgestrings

This may work:

www.redstararms.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks - Actually, afterwards I ended up digging around and found the MOJO at Redstar, and found the Krebs Custom site, too - I just didn't post back to that effect - my bad... They're both nice peeps, but I think I like the look of the Krebs better - tell you what, though - I can tell by looking at it that if I could aquire another standard rear sight cheaply enough, that I could make a rear peep sight like those by myself, and save a few $$$....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The way the Krebs frames the front bracket makes for very natural centering of the sight line.
I am also considering a spare leaf and the 'right fastener' peep with some jb weld for an almost free upgrade.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#6]
RS39 - Yeah, I'm thinking I can make one, too - only I'm going to use a small piece of steel tubing, and tig it to the spare rear blade instead of JB'ing it(I don't trust that stuff in the long term) - then cold blue the whole thing - shouldn't turn out too badly... The Krebs and the MOJO are really nice, but I'm limited by a lack of funds - I DO have tools, and welding equipment, though... I put a post on the general AK board looking for sources for a spare blade - I'll let you know if anything decent turns up...

- georgestrings
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top