Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 1:03:18 PM EDT
Well, after 16 years of ARs and 30+ of M-16s, I stepped to the "Dark Side" today.  My brother-in-law lured me in by letting me shoot his home-made AK-74 and I decided that I just might like to try one of those Russian designed things (other than the SKS's and Mosin's I alrady had).

Anyway, today at the Belton, TX gunshow there were a few SAR-1s.  After walking around, comparing prices etc, settled on one offered by a dealer from San Marcos--$350 out the door.  Maybe not a steal, but not bad for what we normally see in the stores around here.  This is pretty much a standard CAI, Romanian receiver with the normal accessories of 10rd and 40rd mags, sling, cleaning kit, laminated stock.  Already detail stripped and wiped her down.  How can I tell the Mfg date I have seen discussed here, is it the last 2 digits of the S/N?  My last two digits are "03."  If this is as much fun to shoot as my SKSs my ARs might start to get jealous
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an expert but I think the date is the last 4
mine has 2003
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have rifles that have it as either the last 2 OR 4.

Example: 12-3456-1999

EXample: 12-3456-99
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the darkside AF. Your SN would make it a 2003 gun. Now you need to get all the fun stuff for it.

Check out these 2 places to wet your appetite.
Mags:
www.aimsurplus.com/

Stocks:
www.k-var.com/

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top