Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2003 1:53:42 PM EDT
One of my off days finally coincided with a day when it didn't rain.  So, off to the range I go to test fire my SAR-2 project rifle.  It performed flawlessly.  I used Barnal 5.45x39mm FMJ ammunition.  I put about 90 rounds through it.  I wasn't really shooting for accuracy, just a function test.  Next time I go out, I'll refine the sights for accuracy.  It had little to no kick.  I took a co-worker out with me.  He's interested in getting a handgun for carry.  Along with shooting my handguns, he got to shoot my AR15 and SAR-2.  He loved the SAR-2.  I think I created a new gun nut to join the rest of us.

Me shooting (next 3 photos)...you can't tell, but I'm wearing my AR15.com shirt

My friend from work (next 2 photos)

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Good job! Now tell him about the $270 sale on SAR2 at Aim Surplus to finish the conversion to the Dark Side! With the moeny he saves compared to an AR, he can get a Makarov for his carry gun and more ammo for both.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking rifle.  Where where you shooting?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nice looking rifle.  Where where you shooting?

The pistol range of the Mobile Shooting Center.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a really nice looking AK-74!  Who did the brake on it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That is a really nice looking AK-74!  Who did the brake on it?

I had the original front sight block removed and a Romanian threaded front sight block put on by Kurt Wala of Kurt's Kustom Firearms.  The brake itself is a Romanian threaded compensator.

Read www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=57054 for more information about my SAR-2.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
USPC40, your gun called, it says it wants a Kobra sight real bad.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
USPC40, your gun called, it says it wants a Kobra sight real bad.

Actually, it already has one!  Check out www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=57054 for the pictures.  It was the first time I shot the SAR-2, so I wanted to sight in the iron sights first.  After they were sighted in, I put the Kobra II on and sighted it in.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahh yes, very nice.  
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top