Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2002 1:29:28 AM EDT
I have a SAR-2 on order and all the parts needed to install an AK-74 type Romanian compensator (compensator, threaded front sight block, etc.) on order from K-Var.  Will any modification need to be made to the new threaded front sight block in order to stay legal?  From the pictures I've seen, it looks as though a bayonet lug is on the new front sight block.  Am I wrong or will there need to be some grinding done before I install the new front sight block?

USPC40

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You will be responsible for removing the "ears" of the bayonet lug off. But by all means, leave the rest of it there. As long as the bayo cannot stay on by itself.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:25:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it normal for the compensator to wiggle slightly when screwed on?

USPC40

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea, mine had a little wobble too, and it was permanently attached. Itsa OK.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:12:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I was a little worried, but I figure that when the pressure of the gas is forced down the barrel and through the compensator, the compensator will be pretty much held straight and taunt allowing the bullet to fly through with no problems.

USPC40

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top