Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2009 5:31:11 PM EDT
Hi guys, I have a WASR 2 inbound, I was curious as to the type of wood the stock is made of on these...any idea?...Tom
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there is really any specific species.  Its ground up and glued together like any other laminate.  Its pretty much glorified plywood.  It does make for some nice patterns when stained though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Just a guess, But I think the wood on my WASR-10 is laminated beech. Basicaly just plywood.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
My WASR-2 came today, it is a bit different than my other AK's wood wise, but seems nice overall, feels "hairy" to the touch.  Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys, I noticed also that my WASR-2 has the upturned charging handle, like my Intrac MK II...is that common on these?  It is a #'s match rifle from what I can see...Tom
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guys, I noticed also that my WASR-2 has the upturned charging handle, like my Intrac MK II...is that common on these?  It is a #'s match rifle from what I can see...Tom

Thats a newer bolt it for the side folder to help pull it back with the stock folded.
I heard that the stocks are made from the wood the parts are shipped in. What ever right !!
Just shoot the hell out of it and have fun.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That is a feature specific to the AK 74 pattern. Russian designers decided that a charging handle turned upward would facilitate easier charging with the off hand. Simply cant the rifle to the left, reach over the top, and give the handle a whack to the rear. The same concept is evident in the Israeli Galil with its upturned charging handle.

I have two of the Intrac MK II's. They are sweet shooting rifles!

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top