Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2008 5:23:55 PM EDT
It says ( LP-0125-73 RO ) and its a wasr 10/63 KR.

What you think ??

Gator

Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It's hard to say, exactly, as the receiver is new made but the parts may be from the 1970's-1980's.  Depends on how you want to view its "birthday."  With the information provided, a good guess would be 2004-2008.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get that? GB?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I would love to have a front sight/gas block assembly like that. I have a future pistol build that would look sweet with that,instead of stacking my gas block then front sight on it. .

I have a 10/63UF with a similar ser# (75).It was built with romy "G" parts (with the G ground off) and was guessing that the original donor was made in 1975.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:36:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked it up new from a gun shop in town. He had two of them and I grabed up one.
He got both from his source whitch come from centry whitch is on the box.

I went to centry web site and cant find one like it with this gas block.  The guy at the store I think put the side folder on it. I dont remimber seeing the folder on it when I first seen it.

This gos block I have seen befor but I cant remimber where. I think it was on an AK pistol he had in the shop befor this gun.

Gator
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:10:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I just found this on AK-47.us they call it a Ewbank AK.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I all so found this. same web site.

"AKM 47/74 "Speznas" shorty sidefolders (7.62x39 & 5.45x39)
    These semi auto versions are built after the Romanian AIM carbine (issued to militairy special forces, special police units). AIM carbines feature the standard factory scope rail,and a Full Auto/Semi/Tri-burts selective fire mode.

These shorty versions are also referred to as AKSU47/74 (Ro) or Krinkov(Ro), though have not too much in common with the Russian/Bulgarian built Krinkov/AKSU. While the export version of this rifle features a muzzle nut on the 47 version , the 74 version has a Romanian birdcage flash-hider (also used on Romanian RPK style LMGs). Both shorty models have no factory spec. bayonet mount (in contrast to the E-German carbines). The handguards are standard AK size, but the gas tube is shorter than the standard AK gas tubes. From personal experience the barrel of these models are shortened standard barrels which is indicated by a lack of chrome plating at the muzzle crown of factory new weapons. The longer barrel of this Romanian Speznas, when compared to Russian Krinkovs, seems to be a better compromise when it comes to field/ combat evaluation. It results in better accuracy and a higher effective distance, so the Russian AK 100 series shorties (intended to replace the Krinkov) feature a similar barrel length"

Mine says ( RO ) on it allso.   So do you think it falls in line with this?

Gator
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine says ( RO ) on it allso. So do you think it falls in line with this?

Definately.  That's were your parts came from.  It uses the barrel assembly from that Romanian variant.  But it was put on the new-made commercial Romanian WASR receiver and had the barrel extension added to meet the legal requirement.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:42:31 AM EDT
[#8]
So now I need to find a gas piston and see if mine is shorter or not. Just my luck I,ll never find a back up for it.[>:/]  But you would think it would last a long time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I picked it up new from a gun shop in town. He had two of them and I grabed up one.
He got both from his source whitch come from centry whitch is on the box.

I went to centry web site and cant find one like it with this gas block.  The guy at the store I think put the side folder on it. I dont remimber seeing the folder on it when I first seen it.

This gos block I have seen befor but I cant remimber where. I think it was on an AK pistol he had in the shop befor this gun.

Gator

If you think there is any chance in hell that he still has it, can you pm me the name & phone # of the shop so I can buy it.... I was watching one on gunbroker for 1 month, I kept telling myself I'll wait til the end to bid, then I'd miss the auction and do the same thing when it was relisted..... He stop relisting it last month
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:37:15 AM EDT
[#10]
No he sold the other one befor I grabbed this one. The other one went weith the wood stock on it. All he has now is two wasr 10's. Sorry.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It says ( LP-0125-73 RO ) and its a wasr 10/63 KR.

What you think ??

73 is the year the trunnion was made. If the other parts that are numbered match, they were made that year as well.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#12]
All the numbers match right down to the bolt.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top