Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/10/2005 9:52:10 PM EDT
After taking my wasr to the range for the first time I noticed looking at the rifle that there is just a little bit of red goo like stuff around the firing pin. I used wolf 122 grain HP and I assume that the red stuff came from the bit of red that you can see around the primer in all the wolf rounds. I'm not going to worry about cause I know I could practically leave my AK in the snow and dirt for a few months and it will still fire fine and the ammo says non-corrosive but I'm just curious if anyone could shed some light on this or experienced the same thing. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Your guess is correct.  Its red primer sealer that has popped out or rubbed off at the shot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Your guess is correct.  Its red primer sealer that has popped out or rubbed off at the shot.

+1 starts to build up in the reciver after awhile. I find Gunsrubber takes it off nicely.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 starts to build up in the reciver after awhile. I find Gunsrubber takes it off nicely.

brake cleaner is cheaper and works just as good.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Just remember if you use brake cleaner be sure and wear some eye protection.  You do not want any back spray to hit you in the eyes!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Problem with brake cleaner. is that more often than not, I find myself in a gun shop vs. a auto parts store or Walmart.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Problem with brake cleaner. is that more often than not, I find myself in a gun shop vs. a auto parts store or Walmart.

You must not drive a piece of shit like me then!lol

I drive by a Autozone every day.$2.79 a can and they run a two for one special once in awhile which they kindly advertise in the front window.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top