Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 1:00:33 PM EDT
I have a Norinco MAK90 stamped underfolder. I went through the process of removing the gas block, front site and adding trigger group/us piston/pistol grip and forearm.

This gave me a non-import rifle, I wanted to add a US made muzzle device even though I had the part count down to six but still wanted to add the US Brake. The new sight and gasblock were Bulgarian and fit no problem, unfortunately when I was putting the pins in the sight to retain the plunger and spring for the muzzle device I mashed the plunger and it wound up getting stuck inside the hole for it. I tried to drill it out and messed my front sight all up. So I decided to remove and replace the site since I really want the plunger to be able to swap muzzle devices in case I want to try out an Ak-74 style, ect.

Not taking my time and instead of using one of my deadblow hammers I used a ball pean hammer and pinged the barrel all up. I am hoping to replace the barell with the one at the Polytech website.

Has anyone here purchased this assembly before and is the muzzle nut welded on, are there cleaning rod holes, ect?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Krinkfreak has a post in the AK reference section about the Poly Tech barrels.  basically the barrel is assembled but doesn't have any of the work done to it.  the muzzle is threaded with a nut that is not welded on, nothing is pinned in place, the GB doesn't have a bayo lug, the gas port isn't drilled, the notch for the handguard retainer isn't milled and the extractor notch isn't milled.

6mo ago i was quoted by Troy at Inrange $125 to install one and do all the work needed, his price may be different now though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, I decided to live with the dings and just buy a new front sight from G.T.

Until I go and buy the barrel and have all that work done I would be close to buying a new ak.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
My barrel from Polytech arrived yesturday for my milled MAK 90.  The barrel is threaded with a muzzel nut, front site looks to be pinned in place along with the gas block and rear site base.  Very nice blue and you can't beat the price.  Bugs762
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top