Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 6:03:39 AM EDT
I am shopping for a straight reciever rifle that has the ability to be threaded.  I have found that the early 90/91 rifles had threads under a barrelnut and the 93/94 rifles can be threaded but how do you avoid the anglecut receiver?  Are certain years anglecut?  Is there a pattern or is it luck of the draw?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Most were made with with the angle cut reciever........some were straight cut and some with threaded barrels. They used a small piece of pipe and tack welded it on and it hid the threads and the pin.. I have a straight cut with a threaded barrel with the pin NHM90 for sale right now, it has a threaded ak74 type brake on it now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Vast majority of angle cuts I have seen, were from California based importers.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no real way to tell by model or year of import on a rifle imported 1992-1994. The first  slant cut receiver I saw was in 1992 on a MAK-90 Sporter rifle. But I have seen several MAK-90 Sporter rifles that had straight cut receivers since then.
The only thing to do is to remove the receiver cover and spring then stick your finger in the receiver to feel if it is slant cut or not.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top