Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 5:58:46 PM EDT
what is a mac 90 with a milled reciever worth? I have a local guy who wants to put his as part of a
a trade. it looks unfired. and comes with 1 mag. Also it looks like someone electric penciled
sporter on the side by the serieal# and norinco logo.

Thanks
                                                         Bob  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
OK Im in Georgia. I just did a 3 weeklong search for one. The prices varies. I Paid $299 for mine.It' ain't NIB but is in very good shape. I would think a couple of boxes shot through it. Maybe a few hundred at the most. Im saying IMO that $300 would be bottom end and $600 would be top end for a NIB IMO. I think $400- $450 is what most folks are getting in the greatest numbers.

The rifle was praboly cault up in customs when the ban went in and they had to reconfigure and label it. The story goes something like that.It's legit anyhow. They make great conversion rifles. Cost about $120 to convert them. Best route to go is an Ironwood stock set $115 shipped.It's your only option for a stock.The Chinese milled have a bastard cut (slant reciever). A regular stock WILL NOT FIT.  Then order yourself a couple of sets of FSE Mag follower's and floorplates. Then your done. About $120 is all. Good luck WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. FSE mag followers& floorplatrs?
Do the milled recievers take special mags or have reliable
feed problems? sorry to be so uneducated on the ak but I
believe I am in the right place to learn something.

Thanks
Bob
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thanks
Bob

Bob Im no expert but have gained alot of know how from reading things here and doing alittle myself. The Milled Mak 90 takes the SAME mags as anyother  High cap AK. There are a few Low cap out there. Some people call them Single stack. So we will call a standard AK mag a Double stack. Your's will take a double stack( the standard AK mag )..The Milled is as reiable as anyother AK out there . There is a vendor or two  either here or Gunco or AKfiles that sells the FSE floorplate and Mag followers for 4 sets $10 shipped. Thats all you will need. FSE seem to be well made and good quality.  A guy name MATT owns Ironwood stocks in California. The phone # is  408 269 7102  . Currently they are only in Walnut & Laminate. Check out the post in this Chnese forum.There is a couple of pic's of Ironwood stocks. With a MILLED reciever you only need 5 USA parts. Stock set is 3 ea and floorplate and follower is 2 more. You have your 5ea. Good luck sir WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
There is currently a milled MAK 90 from the 386 factory on teh equipment exchange.  

http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=122&t=258027

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all who replied, and emailed valuable information to me.

Bob
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks
Bob

Bob Im no expert but have gained alot of know how from reading things here and doing alittle myself. The Milled Mak 90 takes the SAME mags as anyother  High cap AK. There are a few Low cap out there. Some people call them Single stack. So we will call a standard AK mag a Double stack. Your's will take a double stack( the standard AK mag )..The Milled is as reiable as anyother AK out there . There is a vendor or two  either here or Gunco or AKfiles that sells the FSE floorplate and Mag followers for 4 sets $10 shipped. Thats all you will need. FSE seem to be well made and good quality.  A guy name MATT owns Ironwood stocks in California. The phone # is  408 269 7102  . Currently they are only in Walnut & Laminate. Check out the post in this Chnese forum.There is a couple of pic's of Ironwood stocks. With a MILLED reciever you only need 5 USA parts. Stock set is 3 ea and floorplate and follower is 2 more. You have your 5ea. Good luck sir WarDawg

So you are saying that the mag is part of the ban parts list? I am lost over here in the AK world but I love it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks
Bob

So you are saying that the mag is part of the ban parts list? I am lost over here in the AK world but I love it.

the magazines aren't banned but if you swap a regular buttstock and pistol grip onto the gun you need 5 US made parts to be 922 compliant (removing the thumbhole stock makes it a 'non sporting' gun).  swapping floorplates and followers on the magazines is cheaper than replacing the fire control group (giving you 2 US parts, the stock/pistol grip/handguards will give you the other 3).
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top