Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 11:07:22 AM EDT

I see some MAK-90s for reasonable prices, and I would like to convert them back to traditional pistol grip, stock and maybe flash suppressor/brake.

What parts and tools will I need for this, and can it be done by complete novices such as myself, or should I send it off to a professional like KCI or AK-USA (if they would work on a CHICOM rifle).

Most of my interest has come from Bulgarian and Russian weapons, so the Chinese stuff is a little off to me as well.

Thank you,
BB
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]

All you really need to do is just change out the stock , pistol grip, handguards, and FCG with US made parts

get a Tapco G2 FCG - (this is 3 US parts)

You can get some new wood from Ironwood Design (buttstock and handguards - 2 more US parts)

You can also get a US pistol grip, and a US Slant brake aswell.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you for the reply.

are any tools required?

Thank you,
BB
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top