BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:35:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Well that's something you don't see every day.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you shot it like that yet? My AKs have been so hot they would melt plastic or paint... so I'm pretty sure that paracord would be goo in only a couple of
mags.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed. My 65 gets real toasty real quick. that nylon rope might hold out in slow fire but you start doing mag dumps and that thing gets Oh momma hot!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a layer of Kevlar, and a thin piece of Aluminium between the hot and the paracord.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Its been a while since I've smelled burning paracord

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#6]
If you ever need para cord you just unwrap your gas tube!  Brilliant!

If you ever need some soft goofy plastic to glue on a boot sole or something you can just fire 15 rounds and scrape the goo off your tube.

You've converted that  rifle to a multifunction survival and shoe-repair platform and I for one commend you.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top