Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 8:04:02 AM EDT
Hello,

I've just picked up a new Arsenal SA-M7 (haven't had a chace to shoot it yet) and I noticed that the gas piston to bolt carrier fit seems to have a bit of play. I can't seem to tighten the gas piston into the carrier any farther by hand, in fact it does not seem want to turn/screw in or out at all, yet there is still has a bit of play. Is this a problem or it it supposed to be that way?

Cheers,
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]
That's how it is supposed to be.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Mak!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Vegemite,

Just wanted to add a bit more info for you.

As Mak says, they are meant to be that way.

Here is what they do:

The piston "is" threaded into the carrier, but not all the way, and that will leave a little bit of wobble (again, as should be). Then they drill a hole straight through the carrier and through the piston (through the threaded area), and then pinned in place.
That is why it won't turn either way :)

While some American component AK's have their pistons completely threaded on (leaving no wobble), and welded in place,........this is not the correct method. You are talking Arsenal Inc of Nevada, which is licensed by Arsenal of Bulgaria, and they "do it right" :)

Hope this shed a bit more light on the subject :)
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks SSr-99!,

That was very detailed and reassuring post. It's good to know Arsenal follows the orginal concept in their design & manufacture.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top