Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 3:31:01 PM EDT
Is it possible (and legal) to remove the muzzle brake on these guns? What is underneath? Would it be possible to then put a muzzle nut or a slant brake on?

How practical is this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as i know yes it would be legal to add a muzzle nut or slant brake to your SAM7 rifle. I dont know whats underneath the SAM7 brake, either threads or plain barrel. The brake was either welded on, or screwed on then welded. You should contact your local gunsmith on this, or maybe Chris at AK-USA.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Two pins hold the muzzle brake onto an unthreaded muzzle.  You can knock them out and thread the muzzle and then permanently attach a muzzle nut or another kind of brake if you like.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
If I take my arsenal muzzle brake of for a muzzle nut, how much recoil will I notice between them or is it not an issue.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top