Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2011 2:24:19 PM EDT
i have a romanian g rifle with a synthetic stock. it slaps my cheek and gets uncomfortable if i shoot a lot of rounds. i have never had this problem with any other ak,shotgun,or rifle. i know i am getting my cheek down on the stock good,and i have even tried different positions to cure the problem with no luck. have you guys ever had this problem,or know how to fix it? thanks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
some have blamed this on the slant brake. what muzzle device are you running?
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i have a romanian g rifle with a synthetic stock. it slaps my cheek and gets uncomfortable if i shoot a lot of rounds. i have never had this problem with any other ak,shotgun,or rifle. i know i am getting my cheek down on the stock good,and i have even tried different positions to cure the problem with no luck. have you guys ever had this problem,or know how to fix it? thanks.

Your bolt carrier assembly is smacking the rear trunnion harder than what you're used to.  Get a new recoil spring...M-14 springs are perfect replacements and are the cheapest.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your bolt carrier assembly is smacking the rear trunnion harder than what you're used to.  Get a new recoil spring...M-14 springs are perfect replacements and are the cheapest.

That's kinda what I was thinking.  Worn out recoil spring, or perhaps the gun is overgassed... supposed to have a vented gas tube, has a non-vented.. that sort of thing.  You could also experiment with a recoil buffer if you so desire.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#4]
glad this came up, my WASR slaps the shit out of my cheek and I just thought it was an AK thing.  Off to get another spring.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top