Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2010 6:20:20 PM EDT
my brother in law has a IO INC ak and he was showing it to me tonight and i noticed the rear rivets are canted and loose has anyone had this happen? and should he send it back or have it fixed
thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello,
I have an I.O. Inc AK-47-C "Patriot", its a freakin Turd of a gun!
As a matter of fact, Today when I got home from the range and took
it out of the hard case to clean it, my rear stock assembly fell off, and I haven't
even put a hundred rounds through it.  Like your brother-in-laws gun, my rear
rivets/cap screws must have been loose, and came out.  I have had nothing
but trouble with my I.O. Inc product, mags don't always lock in place, gun continuously
jams, failures to extract, reciever too tight so bolt carrier assembly jams up,
To be honest I'm so pissed off right now, I need to cool down before I call I.O. Inc
tomorrow and see what they say.  I have called them before, when I first purchased the
rifle, because I could not get the bolt carrier out to clean it...  I got right through on the phone
and was talking with a tech immediately!  However he suggested I hit the bottom of the charging handle
with a hammer to force the carrier to come out... if that tells you about their gunsmithing abilities.
If thats the only issue he has had with it, I'd just tap the screws back in, maybe use a little
JB Weld on them, but if he starts having any other issues, send it back and force them to make it right.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 4:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If thats the only issue he has had with it, I'd just tap the screws back in, maybe use a little
JB Weld on them,

The misinformation super highway strikes again.
This approach might get you a bolt carrier in the forehead.
The receiver is held together with rivets, not screws.
JB Weld won't hold the rifle together any better than duct tape.

OP: send the rifle back. if the rivets are coming out it could be dangerous to shoot.

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#3]
thaks guys just wanted to update everyone B-I-L sent it back and they replaced it saying the reciver was not heattreated so they sent him a replacement.
which we took to the range this past weekend and promptly started putting rounds down range.
200 rounds in and this rifle is doing the same thing IO Inc seems not to be able to build a proper reciver so he will now be asking for his money back.
two rifles two failures not good in my book.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
thaks guys just wanted to update everyone B-I-L sent it back and they replaced it saying the reciver was not heattreated so they sent him a replacement.
which we took to the range this past weekend and promptly started putting rounds down range.
200 rounds in and this rifle is doing the same thing IO Inc seems not to be able to build a proper reciver so he will now be asking for his money back.
two rifles two failures not good in my book.

Damn.... I heard the same thing from a guy at the range about an IO rifle he bought.

Not good.

That's shitty too, because they looked nice.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top