Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/23/2006 4:01:20 PM EDT
...to purchasing one of those great yugo underfolders. I am still debating it but now I am also thinking about getting a kit built and geez if I can't make up my mind. The Polish UF might be great b/c of the chromed bbl but the yugo is a little cheaper overall. Not by much. Or I could go with one of those 419ish buck ones we've been seeing so much of recently. What say you?

Edit. I hope it gets delivered after the ole lady goes to work. Oh please, Mr. Brown, deliver it after she goes to work.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
just got my yugo underfolder today. paid $499; i know that's a little much but it came with a bunch of stuff. it's the best ak i've ever owned. this ugly @$$ comfortable grip needs to go though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
2.5 hours and the Polish is in the lead by a hair. Keep 'em coming.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as economics are concerned, you will be hard beat to build an underfolder for less than $420, especially if that includes accessories.

I have a Yugo underfolder from Century and it was wroth every penny.  Paid $500 OTD for it, a little expesnive compared to some places, but it was a local shop and the particular one I was looking at was flawless.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If you like ten pound assault rifles, then get the Yugo.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe Cabela's will have them mis-priced and you can get one really cheap!!

KyAKGuy

Get the polish kit...
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahyuck, ahyuck Kyarguy. One bad thread. Will I ever live that down? Very funny though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Polish for building.  both if buying!
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Look for a polish "collectors grade" underfolder kit.  They're really nice and some people here have used them to make awesome looking builds.

CMS
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been looking for places with the best kits online and am thinking about going with AIM surplus. Here. What do you think? Does anyone know of any coupon codes from them? I talked to the builders via email today and I don't know if they have some sort of deal with nodakspud but he told me to go with their DCI receiver. Input on those. I think they look decent not sure of anything else. It's getting close fellas. I just need a little more info. Then I will finally join the ranks of an actual "AK" owner. Not some cheap wasr knock-off.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes you read that right. Polish wins out. Thank you for the responses. Hopefully it ships today.

Edit. Still hasn't shipped. Fark.

ETA #2. Finally. I don't think it left yet but I got the tracking number for it today. Maybe some progress in the morning or after work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Well. Edited the title to state that what can brown do for you brought me my kit. Matching numbers, barrel looks pretty damn great, and overall I am extremely overjoyed. So that's what foregrips are supposed to look like. My first "real" AK. No wasr bullshit from me anymore. Well, until I get it built that is. Looks like I know what the old lady is getting for Christmas. A question though, the pistol grip, with the right parts count, can I still use the original one or? Looks like a few more months until it's all said and done though so no pics yet.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top