Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:14:01 AM EDT
Is a Bulgarian pin diameter 4.5 or 5.5???
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is a Bulgarian pin diameter 4.5 or 5.5???

4.5mm,....

the russian AK-100 series plastic stock is a 5.5

you should be able to put a AKS-74 stock on a AKS-74U with no problems,...but if you want to make a AKS-74M or AK-105 you need the plastic stock with the bigger pin.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't drill out/ream the hole to the larger size?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can't drill out/ream the hole to the larger size?

you could,...but there is alot of stress on this part the hinge pin and hook are whats keeping the stock on durring firing,..it is bet to just use the 4.5mm trunnion with 4.5mm pin and 5.5mm trunnion with the 5.5mm pin

the angle of the stocks is diffrent,.. so if you have a AKS-74 and wan to turn it into a AKS-74M,..and actually managed to modify the stock / hinge,...it may or may not hook / latch in place when folded
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, the trunnions are different too then.  I am working on a 5.56 Krinkov to be a post-sample one day.  I got the Bulgarian side-folder, ASS-U-MEd it was a direct copy of the rolled strut Soviet stock.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
just because it is Soviet does not mean it is the same size. and you are exactly right,.. the trunnions are diffrent.

now when everyone was in the USSR a Russian stock would fit a Bulgarian rifle and vice versa,..these where all the 4.5mm type,...now the AK-100 series rifles,.. no one else has those except the Russians and are the 5.5mm type

yeah i would love a 5.56 Krink,.. i want to build one on a milled reciver with the AK-100 series butt stock.,..but i can not afford a post sample,.. but man that would be fun.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
From the AKForum.com

"The Russian Polymer stock will fit on a Bulgi rear trunnion but you have to make a new henge pin and drill out the top loop of the henge on the rear trunnion. Just make sure you drill ONLY the top loop of the henge. It's not a very hard mod. to do. I used a small grade 8 bolt. I cut the head and threads off then put in my drill press and held a file on each side until I got the larger part of the henge pin to 5.5 mm the smaller or bottom end (stepped down part) of the pin I made the same size as the Bulgi. pin. It only took about 1/2 an hour to make. Then I put several heavy coats of Navel Jelly on the raw metal of the new pin and inside of the upper henge loop to give them a nice phosphate coating and prevent rust and it gives it a correct look. The Russian pin is 5.5mm and the Bulgi is 4.5mm. I hope this helps."--Steelcore1964
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top