Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 10:58:29 AM EDT
Hi all,

I'd like to upgrade the grip on the Arsenal SAM-5 to a more ergonomic and comfortable model, but I do not want to sacrifice reliability/durability at all. I've been eyballing the TDI grip, Falcon Industries Ergo Grip, and Tapco SAW style grip. Which is best?

Which fits the SAM-5 without modification since it is a milled AK?

TDI grip:

Falcon Ergo Grip:

Tapco:
[color=red][/color]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
anything but that damn tapco saw grip,.. it will look tacky as hell under a SA-M5

i used something close to the TDI grip you showed,..but now i have a Ironwood set on my M5 so that fills my hand just fine.

ETA pictures

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to use the Falcon Ergo Grip on my SA M-7 (now sold).  It was very comfortable and I started aquiring more for other rifles.  That is until I discovered the TDI grip.  It fit my (and my wife's) hands much more comfortably.  I bought a couple more, but the whole "not a US made part" thing kept being a problem.  Then I found the SPEC "Issy" model copy.  It's just as good in my book.  I've now got a few of them and replaced all my TDI's.  One is on my SA M-5S right now.  I love them.

The catch, in regards to your question, is that they do require modification.  They have to have the top opening widened a little bit to fit.  No harm done.  They still feel rock solid.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I might suggest you try the bulgarian AR-M9 grip the K-VAR sells, you will need the longer attaching bolt thought.  It is a little longer then the standard, a little wider , and is already set up for the left side safety lever.  I find it very confortable, but if your set on a american PG than go with the TDI, I aslo have that one on my M7 and it feels great.......................Dave
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top