User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:13:49 PM EDT
I know its an acronym for something, does anyone know for what? McM
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Imagine the Var, is from Vartan the owner. Maybe Kalashnikov-Vartan?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if it stands for Katch Vartan. Katch Vartan was an Armenian General who saved Christianity from the Persians in 451AD. If the owners name is Vartan then hes definately an Armenian. Theres a saying that every young Armenian is taught at an early age and it goes. "Hye em yes, hye em yes Katch Vartanin torn em yes" (I am Armenian I am Armenian I am the grandchild of Katch Vartan) I just thought it would be real cool if thats what K-Var stands for.  I guess you would have to be Armenian to appricate it. McM
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wonder if it stands for Katch Vartan. Katch Vartan was an Armenian General who saved Christianity from the Persians in 451AD. If the owners name is Vartan then hes definately an Armenian. Theres a saying that every young Armenian is taught at an early age and it goes. "Hye em yes, hye em yes Katch Vartanin torn em yes" (I am Armenian I am Armenian I am the grandchild of Katch Vartan) I just thought it would be real cool if thats what K-Var stands for.  I guess you would have to be Armenian to appricate it. McM

Cool story.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it just stood for Kommie value added retailer. Although Kostly value added retailer would fit nicely.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool story.

+1
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I thought it just stood for Kommie value added retailer. Although Kostly value added retailer would fit nicely.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#7]
A K var iant ?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#8]
                              barev tsez motor city mad man yes es hye em are tune hye es zachis ?? i am originaly from detroit i went to saint sarkis in dearborn mourad fedayeen gomidas  myar hayyastan
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
It stands for "won't ship ANY parts to California".

Or at least they wouldn't for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
                              barev tsez motor city mad man yes es hye em are tune hye es zachis ?? i am originaly from detroit i went to saint sarkis in dearborn mourad fedayeen gomidas  myar hayyastan

Parev Aghperjon ayo yes hye em! Not many Armenians on this board I dont think, its good to see i have a brother on here. How long ago did you leave Detroit? My finacee's father is a deacon at ST. Sarkis and has been singing on the Alter for the past twenty years. Fedayeen gomidas eh, someone needs to protect out herritage. I am non political when it comes to the Armenian church, but i made it a point to visit the cemetary of the ASALA in Yerevan four years ago, to pay my respects. Gomidas is still standing tall right smack in the middle of downtown detroit, I smile everytime I pass the statue. McM

Heres a pic of a uniform i picked up in Armenia four years ago (the rifle was not finished yet)

Heres the rifle finished

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

In unrelated news, Maddox maddox.xmission.com/ is Armenian, his real name is George Ouzounian (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Ouzounian).  

Sorry for the hijack, that's a very interesting story.  It would be pretty neat if the acronym "K-Var" has something to do with it.  

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#12]
motor city mad man i left detroit back in 1997. my uncle is george mouradian he is currently on the board of directors for saint sarkis .My great grand father was boghos maranian if you go to saint sarkis you will see a picture of him in the lobby. he was the chairman of the building commision when the church was being built . He was also the inventor of the worlds first auto matic car wash in detroit on the corner of fort and second. we sold the buissnes in 1994 to a odar who ran it into shit now the old wash is a parking lot 1 block from cobo hall. If you look up my uncle george mouradian on saint sarkis council you will find out that my family was among the first hyes in the detoint area . All molly hyes staunch members of the arf gomidas fedayee dashnaksakan ayo!!!!!!! I hope to go to yerevan in the next year or so i hope those russa orduce hye dont hang my gomidey ass from a pole HAHAHAHAHAH.  Do you know sarkis kojian he is my god father he is another mourad fedayee . If you ever get to new england please look me up We only have a small group of hyes here in maine here is are web site . www.armeniansofmaine.org Have a good soorp sadig zachis long live myar hyeastan manach padove
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess we'll never know what K-Var stands for.  

Mekka Lekka Hi, Mekka Heiny Ho.
Pee Wee Herman
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#14]
.....Might be a silly question BUT, anyone ever...just....ASK?

Drop an email and ask?

Just wondering.....

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I posted this same thread on the Migeta K-var forum and they deleted it, the admin who deleted it said "it doesnt flow with the normal topics."  Ha some fucking general discussion forum they have eh. I imed him back, the admin that is, asking him and he didn't reply to the message, must a be a big secret on what it stands for, i can really careless now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top