Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 5:22:23 PM EDT
I have ordered a 20 dollar reciever cover/scope mount for a friend and his AK, I have never owned an AK, but have shot his routinely. Will these types of mounts keep a zero? Something tells me it won't because its not actually rigid to the barrel/reciever.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
They are not very good, won't keep zero, that is why when the Krink and Galil  and Norinco Hunter guns added the rear sight on the topcover they made the cover hinged instead of totally removable.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The Krebs KTR-03 type AK covers will hold zero, it's also tight fitting, but you'd better be ready to spend $1000-1200 for the rifle, as they don't offer the parts individually.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Your buddy needs a side rail then he can mount whatever he wants and maintain fairly decent zero. The cover rails are crap ...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#4]
For a red dot site I would think they would be ok.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Your buddy needs a side rail then he can mount whatever he wants and maintain fairly decent zero. The cover rails are crap ...

+1 I owned one.  did not hold zero.  Mine was made by Leapers
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top