Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:01:26 PM EDT
Bought my Rommy kit a couple months back and just got a receiver for it.  I was wondering if anyone could point me at towards a one stop place to get all the innards that I need for assimbly and take some of the guess work out of it .  This is going to be the first one I build, so I want to keep it simple getting all the stuff I will need in one package that way I dont have to worry about missing a part or being compliant.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Tapco had kits with compliance parts included.  Check there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

He said he already had the Romy kit...so that isn't going to do him any good.

You need 6 compliance parts, of whcih the receiver is one (actually, you can only have 10 non-U.S. parts, and there are 16)

Go to midwestarmory.com which is the site run by TheDukeRyan, an Ar15.com member.   His shipping FREE for any order over $50, which is impossible to beat!

Order the following:

1.  Tapco G2 fire control group and USA made slant brake combo(single or double hook, doesn't matter.  If in doubt, just get the single hook)  for $42.99 www.midwestarmory.com/page2.html

2. USA made pistol grip $10.99 www.midwestarmory.com/page4.html

3.  Optional, but if you want to save a little work and some trouble, get the AK wire retaining spring for $3.59, either model listed.  You won't have to cut the existing one. www.midwestarmory.com/page3.html

4.  You can get better rivets and cross member bushings than Tapco made, but if you want one stop shopping jsut pick up a cross member bushing + rivets there too for $7.99.  better to have spares! www.midwestarmory.com/page3.html

About $65 and you should have everything you need parts-wise.

FYI, you will need 6 US made parts to make it legal.  Receiver = 1 part, fire control group = 3 parts, muzzle attachment = 1 part, pistol grip = 1 part.

There you go!

Dawg
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a bunch.  Just trying to make it simple for this first one
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:12:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I guess my reading skills aren't up to snuff...

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess my reading skills aren't up to snuff...

Happens to the best of us Dale, and usually your posts are right on the money with a good straightforward and informative answer.

Besides, factually your post IS correct!

[ETA]  I have order several times from MdiwestArmoy, and always had good service.  they aren't one of teh "order and get your procudts in two days" places...may take a week to get it, but they DO have the best deal on shipping and very good prices, plus the "one stop shop" bonus.  Mike Ryna, aka The DukeRyan is good to go.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top