Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:17:26 PM EDT
I want to install a side scope mount on the side of my milled receiver mak-91 what steps do I have to keep in mind.......is it that hard to do?..............should I use my drill press?

and how many of you have done this to your ak's

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#1]
anybody ????
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#2]
send an IM to Jnewt. he will tell you how. he is in one of the thumbtacked threads...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy the kit from Tantal it comes with a diagram and everything needed to install.

tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstmounts.html

This may help  Russian Kalashnikov Optics Mounting Rail Installation Instructions but what do I know.

The drill press is recommended for his mount kit.  The mount is threaded for the screws which are inserted from inside the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, the Tantal kit comes with a template that you lay on the receiver to get the proper hole alignment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
what if I just a buy a bulgy one from K-var and use some of thoes screws that people use in screw builds on ak's
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what if I just a buy a bulgy one from K-var and use some of thoes screws that people use in screw builds on ak's

You probably could but I'd spend the money for the rail from Tantal, it's designed for what you want to do with it ...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
well sounds good I'll try that
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

K-VAR's are pretty pricey to begin with then add $11.00 or so for shipping and then you have to tap them as they are designed to be riveted in place.  Is it worth it when you can get a correct one from Tantal?  I've seen an $11.00 US made mount Russian reproduction but I didn't save a link.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top