Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:59:13 PM EDT
I was just emailing atlantic firearms about buying an UF, they told me they only sell UF'ers to NY that are fixed in that position. sorry, not buying an UF that cant fold

any truth to this law?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
NY just sucks
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
NY just sucks

way to go out on a limb...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
no side folders either
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in NY for school and it's very true. If you want to own a gun, your living in the wrong state. NY is nearly as bad as CA and will probably ban guns altogether in the not to distant future. If you look at crap like this you'll see why. I'm hoping to transfer back to my home state because the school's tuition costs less and I'll actually be able to keep firearms with me.

Not to mention that gas also costs 20 cents less per a gallon and there's not sales or income tax. I always get depressed when I come back here, not to mention that the sun never shines here...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm in NY for school and it's very true. If you want to own a gun, your living in the wrong state. NY is nearly as bad as CA and will probably ban guns altogether in the not to distant future. If you look at crap like this you'll see why. I'm hoping to transfer back to my home state because the school's tuition costs less and I'll actually be able to keep firearms with me.

Transfer away.  Other than a few quirky laws (no loaded rifle in a car) we are good to go.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Transfer away.  Other than a few quirky laws (no loaded rifle in a car) we are good to go.

Well I'm in the process, waiting to find out if I got into the school.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Just out of curiosity...is that no UF at all, or just no recently produced ones? I ask because I have a very evil Polytech UF with the folding bayonet (pre-ban of course) that I was thinking might need to go up for sale to help with some bills. Would that one be legal in NY (ie would there be a market for my evil goodness to get shipped there)?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#8]
ETA:
http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=25
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Just pretend like the Fed AWB never ended and you'll be fine...  Our AWB mirrors the old Fed one...  Sucks, I know...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just out of curiosity...is that no UF at all, or just no recently produced ones? I ask because I have a very evil Polytech UF with the folding bayonet (pre-ban of course) that I was thinking might need to go up for sale to help with some bills. Would that one be legal in NY (ie would there be a market for my evil goodness to get shipped there)?

Yes we can have preban folders here, my Norinco underfolder is perfectly legal but I cannt put a side folder on my SAR2 Thankfully I should be out of this hellhole state soon.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn Yankees!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Come to Florida were must of you Snow birds come too. LOL
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#13]
post in the NY section...

yes we still have the AB ban here...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Damn Yankees!

Don't blame all the Yankee states. Vermont, New Hampshie and Pennsylvania have gun laws better than some southern or western states.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Move to WY!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was just emailing atlantic firearms about buying an UF, they told me they only sell UF'ers to NY that are fixed in that position. sorry, not buying an UF that cant fold

any truth to this law?

Sure you can own an underfolder in NY .....

They are just Older and cost a WHOLE lot more

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top