Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:26:23 PM EDT
I am looking for a stamped receiver , that is as close as im gonna get to a soviet AKM , in details like mag dimples , spotwelds , ect. ect,.  please help !!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Saiga + dimples...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Make it yourself and it won't be marked up with a manufacturer's name, etc. 80% is the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Current? A dimpled saiga I guess. Slightly older AKM? A Y-stamped maadi.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait for the DCI premium receivers to come out.  Last I heard that was supposed to be next month but who knows?  Harlan, you out there?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wait for the DCI premium receivers to come out.  Last I heard that was supposed to be next month but who knows?  Harlan, you out there?

I think this is what i will do , thanks for the help !
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1

Finally nice U.S. receivers...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I herd the Maadi ak's are very authentic.....since they are made on a Russian machine they even use Russian finnish....I think
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

We are being told most of March will be taken up building the production tooling for the DCI premium AKM receivers and for the DCI AK-74 receivers. We expection the production run in April.
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We are being told most of March will be taken up building the production tooling for the DCI premium AKM receivers and for the DCI AK-74 receivers. We expection the production run in April.
Thanks.

Harlan

Thanks for the update! Will you be offering any of the premium receivers without the pre drilled trunnion holes for those of us that like to drill our own?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.

Harlan

Thanks for the update! Will you be offering any of the premium receivers without the pre drilled trunnion holes for those of us that like to drill our own?

It will be standard for the DCI premium AKM receivers (NDS-1) and for the DCI AK-74 receivers (NDS-2) not to have predrilled rivet holes. These receivers will also not have selector markings nor selector detents.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#11]
For starters....

Who is putting dimples in Saiga's?

Chris Butler won't attempt it.

Ted Marshall won't either.

Who has pics, or proof of a Saiga with dimples?

Thanks in Advance.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not sure where you got your information.

Ted Marshall chooses not to do them anymore because they are a real pain in the ass. It requires a lot of skill.

I'll show you my AK-105 when it's completed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top