Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:50:26 PM EDT
I have a reddish/brownish/orangeish polymer AK magazine which has the "Chauchat" style witness cutouts on the sides so you can see how many rounds are inside the magazine. It has the ribs/gentle curve of a standard 7.62x39 AK magazine, but the feed lips don't look wide enough to accomidate a .30 caliber round, but looks more suited for 5.56/5.45. I am 98 percent certain its an AK magazine as the floor plate, ribs and locking lug are nearly indistinguishable from a standard 30 round magazine. I have never seen another and have been able to turn up any information....right now its just an oddity in my bedroom but if its something rare/desireable I would like to see it go to someone who needs/appreciates it. Any help would be appreciated.
If this isn't enough information, I can attempt to post some pictures.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. Not even close. The color is much closer to the Chinese polymer magazines, however the baseplate is not metal, but appears to be the same polymer material as the body. The witness cuts in the magazine appear to be factory as opposed to installed by "bubba". The body is not smooth but rather it has the same ribs as a 7.62x39 steel magazine. There are also no markings anywhere on the magazine....its really very strange.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#3]
It sounds like some type of trainer magazine.  Nobody would really open up the sides of a magazine that they intend to actually use, we learned that lesson from the French and the Chauchat you mentioned.  But to be sure we definitely need pictures.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds a lot like one of the TAPCO manufactured SKS detachable magazines.  These were available in red plastic and had the ribs and side cut out, and did NOT have a duckbill at the front.  They used an adapter in the standard SKS magwell.  Pictures would really help on this one though...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top