Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/25/2006 6:00:24 PM EDT
Have a friend who ordered some acessories/parts from them about 30 days ago; as of yet still no merchandise, no e-mail, no call, no letter, no smoke signals. With vendors such as Cope's, Rapide Fire and others getting orders out and across the country in 5-6 days, is this a fluke or is this SOP for these guys? They have a few things I'm interested in but I'm gun shy (pun intended) about ordering from them.  His card has been charged, and he called after about 2 weeks and could't get a tracking number or get a straight answer if the order was shipped. Was told to call back later. Anyone else have a problem?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've ordered Yugo SKS's from them twice and got fast service.  Nice rifles too as advertised.  From the research I did about them before ordering they are a good company to deal with, and that has been my experience.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered items four days ago and they showed up yesterday.

For what it's worth,

Gary
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
They suck.  I had to take my case to the BBB over their dishonest practices.  I can't think of a worse vendor to deal with.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They suck.  I had to take my case to the BBB over their dishonest practices.  I can't think of a worse vendor to deal with.

take care,
Tec

Did BBB do anything for you? IMHO, they are a paper tiger in that they are "self governed" by themselves and have no legal authority to do anything. 99% of the consumers only check with BBB after the fact of getting screwed and not before.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
BBB didn't really do anything other than contact IO with my complaint.  IO then went on a rampage with some outright lies they posted on the FalFiles about the ordeal and sent to the BBB.  In the end my CC company got me my money back.

BTW, it was over a pitted-out 'NEW' G3 barrel in the kits they were selling.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BBB didn't really do anything other than contact IO with my complaint.  IO then went on a rampage with some outright lies they posted on the FalFiles about the ordeal and sent to the BBB.  In the end my CC company got me my money back.

BTW, it was over a pitted-out 'NEW' G3 barrel in the kits they were selling.

take care,
Tec

Sounds typical of IO. I have ordered small stuff from them with  no problems but never ordered a KIT or rifle from them for these reasons.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
i have had both good and bad with them.  back in '02/'03 i tried to order some AK kits they had listed, charged my credit card,  waited and waited,  called them back they said they were out and didn't know when the kits would be in, cancelled order they refunded CC.

then ordered a bunch of G3 mags got in about 5 days and better than advertised.

then ordered some romy 8mm for around $40 a case (good price)  paid $44 for shipping.  ( my fault shoulda asked.  i just assumed it would be around $25 like everyone else i ordered from.

tried to order more G3 mags-they wouldn't because the ammo i had purchased was sent to me in CA.   they said i was trying to get around the CA mag ban and wouldn't sell to me.  i was in MN and that's where the order was shipping to.  i just worked in CA over the summer and they wouldn't sell to me.  i had to send them a copy of my Driver's License because my C&R with a MN adress wasn't good enough.

they are good and fast if they have what you are ordering,ask, and make sure you find out what shipping will be.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top