Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:08:47 PM EDT
I recently bought a WASR-10 and Im looking to replace the trigger on it with a new one. Anyone have any suggestions for new triggers, and how much they run for? This is my first Ak so Im still learning about them. Would it be hard to replace myself? Also would this help the trigger pull and trigger slap. Me and my dad both commented on how much you have to pull the trigger and our fingers were kinda sore after shooting today.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Tapco has a G2 trigger (fire control group) that works very good.
It runs around $40.
It is very easy to install, and no more trigger slap.

This guy has a page giving step by step instructions on how to correct the trigger slap
without spending any money.
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/slapfix.htm
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
My Vepr started giving painful trigger slap at around 1000 rounds. I dremeled the disconnector to prevent contact and it has helped. However, I heard everyone with a G2 does not have trigger slap, so I upgraded. The pull is now about 1-2 lb and the hammer "catches" the bolt carrier quite often, but should not be a problem at the range.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The best trigger of all is Red Star Arms'. But it will set you back $75-80.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
the only thing thats a bitch about the replacing the trigger is the shepprads crook.. install the hammer first and set the trigger in (do not put the trigger pin through) hook the spring onto the hammer pin set it down on the side then inseart the tirgger pin while holding it down with a punch or something..

other then that i just dremaled my stock trigger group.. the pull weight is fine for me.. *if i want it lighter i just stone the sear.*  

but i'm a DIY guy.. if you buy the G2 pick up the retaining plate or whatever it is that sheppards crook is a flipin nightmare sometimes..

Jess
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the only thing thats a bitch about the replacing the trigger is the shepprads crook.. install the hammer first and set the trigger in (do not put the trigger pin through) hook the spring onto the hammer pin set it down on the side then inseart the tirgger pin while holding it down with a punch or something..

other then that i just dremaled my stock trigger group.. the pull weight is fine for me.. *if i want it lighter i just stone the sear.*  

but i'm a DIY guy.. if you buy the G2 pick up the retaining plate or whatever it is that sheppards crook is a flipin nightmare sometimes..

Jess

My Vepr came with a plate already. The worst part about doing the G2 install was shaving the safety so that it'd work properly with the G2. Otherwise, the G2 has a VERY light pull (1-2 lb).
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:39:35 AM EDT
[#7]
g2 double hook.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top