Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:56:14 AM EDT
I have a bulgy krink that I want engraved and need some pics to give Steve at Tom Sawyer.  My idea is to add all the Bulgarian markings to the rifle (fake matching numbers, symbols, selector markings, etc) and my LLC info since this is an SBR.  Can someone point me to some pics that have decent detail that Steve can copy?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  The first link I can't get into until the Admin allows my newly created account and the second shows really well the cyrillic markings.  However, I am also looking for trunion markings (is there a circle 10) and bolt carrier markings and if those two markings have the same numbering system.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thier on my website....762x39.net
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
OldTroop - nice site.  However, I see on the trunion of say an Romy kit, it has the symbol for the Romanian then the year then the serial number that matches on all parts.  I am trying to replicate that but on a Bulgarian AK.  So on the bulgy trunion, does it have the Circle 10 then the year and then the serial number?  If so, what format is used on the serial number?  Is it just numbers or is it preceeded by letters?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a stamped 5.56NATO Bulgarian AKS-74n M1A1 sidefolder, markings are as follows:

Selector: AB on top notch. EA on bottom notch but on the EA the A looks different, like Crylic unlike the A on the top notch.

Trunnion: Double Circle Code 10 followed by serial number.

Trigger: Single hump on right, single arm on left.

Slight Indentation on feed ramp.

Slight Indentation on right side where selector mounts to the reciever.

Marked also cal. 5.56x45 AKS-74M1A1

Has grip re-enforcement plate under pistol grip.

Has numbers 3-1 on optics rail.

Has number 4 on gas block.

Has same weird looking A on left side of front sight.

1000 meter rear sight in the white with white lettering.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]
That "A" in the EA is actually the cyrillic "D" that's why it looks different.  Mario www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top