Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:08:07 PM EDT
Local shop has a Yugo SKS for around $200 Fair condition, and it has a CCCC crest carved in the stock.

Any opinions on this SKS?

I was going to get it to go with my Yugo underfolders and the carving would be an added bonus.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a brand-new unissued one from my FFL for 170. It's beautiful. My friend got one from them in the same condition and price, too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a C&R FFL, $35

4 weeks later order a new one for $140 and rejoice in the fact that they brought it to your house.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get a C&R FFL, $35

4 weeks later order a new one for $140 and rejoice in the fact that they brought it to your house.

+1

I've seen the like new ones at J&G and they are like new.  

catalog.jgsales.com/itemdetail.php?itemnumber=15-745

catalog.jgsales.com/itemdetail.php?itemnumber=15-842

catalog.jgsales.com/itemdetail.php?itemnumber=15-950
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought an unissued 59/66 in Nov. at a gun show for $159.
As much as I like my AKM, there is just something about that SKS. Great build quality, fine machine work, accurate, makes a wonderful "boom". And after a change of  the hammer spring to a lighter one and some gentle stoning to the sear groove and rails, it has a really sweet 6# trigger too. It's never had a failure of any sort and feeds all ammo equally well. It just feels and shoots like a really great rifle. I put a couple hundred rounds through it most trips to the range.
If you get one, I doubt you'll regret it.
$200 does seem steep for a used one though.
Waiting on my C&R now. I plan to get another Yugo 59/66 to put away. They're damn good guns.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top