Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:03:23 AM EDT
It has finally consumed me. All of my bank accounts and credit cards are now threatened

So, what type of AK(s) does everyone need? There's so many out there that I have no idea where to start. I've been looking at Arsenal mainly, but I can tell you I doubt i'll be satisfied with just one.

What say you?

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You will only need one of each, minimum.  You can always get a second job and sell every gun you own that is not an AK variant.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The best thing you will find about being with the dark is the feeling you get when you sell an AR to get more AK's...
NO REMORSE...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#3]
You will never be satisfied with one.

But yeah, Arsenal is probably the best out there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Arsenal is probably the best. Lots of people seem to like VEPRs too, I just really dislike the non-traditional look of them.

What do you need? At the bare minimum one AK in 7.62 and one in 5.45. Get an SLR-105 from Arsenal for the 5.45 option, though you need to act really quickly to find one since they've been discontinued. Start by checking the EE. As for the 7.62 option......well you have plenty of good choices there. I don't own one myself, but I hear the SA M7 is really nice. My plan for a 7.62 variant is to wait until the SLR-107 comes out, and then have it converted to an accurate AK-103 clone. Anyway, you have lots of options and good luck.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You will only need one of each, minimum.  You can always get a second job and sell every gun you own that is not an AK variant.

+1 on this

i have AK's in 762x54R,..7.62x39,..5.56x45,..5.45x39 (yes i mean the PSL for the 762x54R,..it is afterall,..a AK on steriods)

then after you get on of each thats built on a stamped reciver,..start getting ones built on the milled recivers

p.s. if you want a AK that is just as accurate as a ar,.. look for a Arsenal SA-M5s,..for a AK it is up there in price,..but is about what you would pay for a decent ar.

i sold my pimped out ar for the Arsenal SA-M5s,...and i couldent be happier!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Get one of the new Century built Yugo M70 AB2 AKM rifles.  Built on a heavy RPK receiver 1.6mm(like the PSL's), barrel is massive, new barrel I might add, "stainless carrier and bolt"(where else you gonna get that one), grenade lancher gas cut-off sight(again, where else you gonna get that one), slant brake with threads for Yugo grenade launcher adapter( again, same thing), did I mention new barrel, built in flip up night sights(again, same thing), underfolder stock that clears a 30 round magazine, Yugo Mags have BHO feature( once again, same thing) and the Factory has the selectors notched to hold the bolt back.

These AK's are built like a tank and the new barrel on them just adds to the package.  Here is a 25 yard sight in target, yes, 25 yards is close but look at that grouping.  This AK is capapble of 1-2MOA @ 100 yards.  You got to get on a list somewhere as they are selling them as fast as they can make them, only $400, not $800 as some are asking for their AK's.  

If interested, call Pam @ Centerfire Systems, 1.800.915.3346.

http://home.comcast.net/~M70AK3/M70text2640.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~M70AK3/25ydtraget.jpg
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I indeed plan on getting one of each, regardling calibers. However, what's the deal with "kits"? Doesn't the use of kits alter the number of US parts? Does it make an AK more collectible (depending on kit used)?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Honestly theres no need persay its all about wants and i want one of each myself.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I still need

1.AMD-65
2.A Chinese AK with a folding spike bayonet.
3.RPK
4.Another 5.45
5.Pistol AK

The list will never end.......
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top