Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:29:25 AM EDT
Anyone know what size allen key is used for the Romanian side folder screws? I cant get the screw down far enough for my spring to clear it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
i just folded the stock and thumb twisted the screw into the outmost hole. that let me tighten it up pretty tight without having to dig through my allen wrenches. i just need to find a second screw.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
FYI.......threads are 5mm X .8
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I got some in a Craftsman mechanic set and one fits but when the screws almost in it starts to slip. Now I can't get it in any further or get it out without stripping it. I was going to hit Sears or Home Depot but never got around to it. I guess I need a metric set? My girls going to bring home a set from her fathers maybe I'll get lucky.

DPH arms has the screws for like three dollars but you might get screwed on the shipping though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
three bucks for a screw is a ripoff anyway- not even counting the shipping. i'm kind of annoyed with copes for not including two screws with the folder.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You do get two screws but your right that is alot. I bought a flash hider from SKS Man and paid $5.00 for shipping and it came in a 87 cent evenlope.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top