Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 1:04:19 PM EDT
I'm changing to US made parts and I'm having trouble with the gas piston. Can't see any pin's, So I'm not sure why it does not want to unscrew. Please help. Thanks Dave
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem recently.  You will have to remove the finish on your carrier and and you will see apin that is ground flat.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
You might need to scrape some of the paint off......there is a pin in there.

ETA: Chinook beat me to it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
if it's a Century build/wasr, then it can't be taken off.  They weld the piston to the carrier.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Well there must be a pin there because my piston wiggles but I can't see it, I filed down the paint and still can't see it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
It's there. I used a nail setter to get the pin moving then a center punch to finish tapping it out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I found it, Thanks for the help.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top