Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:07:34 PM EDT
ok i am new to the ak rifles. a friend of mine got several guns in a trade. he gave me a norinco mak 90 for going and helping him with the guns. i wanted the mak 90 because i have never messed with this type gun. (i am an ar nut) the gun has a lot of surface rust. i am going to reblue the metal parts. what i need is if you can tell me or give me a site as to how to take the upper and lower forearms off. also i do not like the thumb hole butt stock. my friend gave me a pistol grip for an ak. can i put a straight butt stock on this mak 90 along with the pistol grip. i would appreciate any help. who knows i might like these type weapons and have to start buying some. any way that s what my friend said i will be doing after i redo this one. said it was additcive...thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
922 compliance.....this is an issue if you convert it to a pistol grip config....  others will chime in with more info
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are the 2 types of MAK 90 stamped receivers are below. The slant cut will limit your stock choices.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, a bunch of silly laws regarding US made piece counts. Others who know more than me will chime in with more.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top