Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 9:05:45 PM EDT
I will be aquiring a SA2000M Hungarian AK ...its a single stack, low capacity rifle right now.  I have seen a few posts online discussing how to mill out the bottem, as  you do on low cap WASRs to make it accept high cap AK mags....is this a difficult process?  What choices do I have for furniture on it?  I believe its a slant cut reciever, so im pretty much limited to thumbhole stocks correct?  What is a rifle such as this in its stock configuration worth?  The few mags that come with the gun are the only type that fit it (regular AK mags wont, nor will single stack AK mags), and these mags have weak springs which misfeed if you load more than 5 of 10 rounds at a time into the mags.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I purchased one a few years back for $250, great rifle, I never had misfeeds with it even when loaded to 10 rounds.  Ironwood designs makes a slant cut receiver stock set(though the factory choate set is pretty nice and).  if I'm not mistaken you will need to take out the factory selector stop as it is too thick to let it work with normal AK mags.  then just slap a template on and carefully trim out the mag well.

EDIT: unfortunately mine was stolen before I could do the magwell mod
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I purchased one a few years back for $250, great rifle, I never had misfeeds with it even when loaded to 10 rounds.  Ironwood designs makes a slant cut receiver stock set(though the factory choate set is pretty nice and).  if I'm not mistaken you will need to take out the factory selector stop as it is too thick to let it work with normal AK mags.  then just slap a template on and carefully trim out the mag well.

EDIT: unfortunately mine was stolen before I could do the magwell mod

do you have any links to info sources for modifying the rifle into high capacity?  Hopefully a friend of mine will be able to make the needed modifications.  

Thanks for the reply.

I heard that the Hungarian rifles fit and finish are some of the best out there.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top