Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 10:43:01 PM EDT
I just bought a nice pricey Arsenal Underfolder SAS M7. What a work of art! Anyway, the take down button (recoil guide button) is different than any I've ever seen. It seems to have some type of detent on the right side of it. It would appear one has to push this detent to the left before pushing the recoil guide in to remove the cover.

The manual makes no mention of it. Anyone seen one like this?? I also have one of their no ban M7 Carbines, but it's equipped with the standard recoil guide. Never seen on like this before, but it appears to be some kind of lock.

Sorry if this is a newbie question, I just bought these 2 Arsenal AK's and have limited AK experience. I've always been into AR's, and thought it was time I branched out a bit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
it's just a top cover locking pin, I've got a couple recoil spring guides like that, plus a couple spring guides that are actually not the looped wires, but captive pistons, I think they are actually for AK-74s since I put them on my 74s when I received them, I must have read at the time it was for them
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it's an underfolder thing. None of my AKs have it (including my Arsenal), except for my only underfolder, my Century Yugo.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think it's an underfolder thing. None of my AKs have it (including my Arsenal), except for my only underfolder, my Century Yugo.

That very well could be....this is the only underfolder I've examined closely. None of the standard AK's I've seen or owned have this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine has 2 little tabs on the top of the button. With the saftey off I need to press the button in then lift up on the cover. At first it was a pain but then I got the technique down.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top