Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 10:53:14 AM EDT
I am close to getting a SAM7, and I have started thinking about waiting until I can find one with a rail. I've got a couple of different AK's now, and I really have not ever HAD to have a rail. The only thing I might want to mount is a Kobra.

How hard is it to get a rail put on a milled receiver after the fact? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
As easy as  it is to put one on a stamped receiver...and having the template helps alot...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Drilling and riveting would be needed... Thats as far as I know. Buy it with the rail on if you wanto add a red dot, ifnot get it without the rail.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The question of our time ain't it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Spend the extra $ and get the rail.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I decided on no rail when i got my SLR 105 A1.  My thinking is not to make the mistake of adding anything to the perfect infantry rifle that could fail, sure you could just switch back to iron sights but that cost you time and defeat the Allways shoots reputation that got me to pick an AK.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I went without. I just purchased a SAM7. Can't wait.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top