Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 12:52:43 PM EDT
The recoil spring in my WASR-10 doesn't feel too strong. A lot of times at the range I'll have ejection problems, where the case will actually get stuck inside the receiver and jam things up. I also have feeding problems at times, but I figure that's mag related. Mind you I'm not bashing the WASR-10, these problems are few and far between, but it would probably be my SHTF weapon, and I'm trying to get it to be as reliable as possible. So, what would be a good, strong recoil spring to replace mine with?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
WOLFF EXTRA POWER RECOIL SPRING

www.gunsprings.com/RifleShotgun/AK47_Rs.html
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WOLFF EXTRA POWER RECOIL SPRING

www.gunsprings.com/RifleShotgun/AK47_Rs.html

Any experience with one? Just curious.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Not in an Ak, got a few Wolff springs in Glocks and mags

Wolff regular and extra power springs are highly regarded as top quality
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not in an Ak, got a few Wolff springs in Glocks and mags

Wolff regular and extra power springs are highly regarded as top quality

Would you reccomend getting the regualr or extra power spring? Is the extra power over-doing it or a good idea?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
people put extra power springs in guns everyday, it just depends on the types of rounds you use

If you use Uly or Barnaul the extra power should enhance operation, for Wolf I highly doubt an extra power spring would pose any problem but if you shoot only wolf I might go with just regular, but extra power should actually reduce cycling wear a tad with any ammo
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Your problem sounds to other than the spring....Does not eject forcefully to the point where you end up with brass in the weapon...Think about...A weak spring would not slow down the bolt carrier .
Something else is going on with your rifle..Because if it was a weak recoil spring you would really feel it upon recoil and have the bolt carrier slam HARD on the rear trunnion to the point it would beat itself to death and as for ejection...Your brass would really fly compared to a normal AK...
Have you checked the gas port for any obsructions??
I would check by hand"You moving it"that the bolt and bolt carrier move back and forth freely.
and does not hang-up.
Even eye ball your receiver fro straightness....
It is hard to diagnose a weapon with out looking at it...But I am willing to bet it is something else other than the spring.
What kind of ammo are you using anyways.....Brand bullet type...Factory ...reload??
The more info makes it easier to help...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Your problem sounds to other than the spring....Does not eject forcefully to the point where you end up with brass in the weapon...Think about...A weak spring would not slow down the bolt carrier .
Something else is going on with your rifle..Because if it was a weak recoil spring you would really feel it upon recoil and have the bolt carrier slam HARD on the rear trunnion to the point it would beat itself to death and as for ejection...Your brass would really fly compared to a normal AK...
Have you checked the gas port for any obsructions??
I would check by hand"You moving it"that the bolt and bolt carrier move back and forth freely.
and does not hang-up.
Even eye ball your receiver fro straightness....
It is hard to diagnose a weapon with out looking at it...But I am willing to bet it is something else other than the spring.
What kind of ammo are you using anyways.....Brand bullet type...Factory ...reload??
The more info makes it easier to help...

Wolf and the mystery stuff that came in the green waterproof bags (200 per bag, in boxes). I haven't noticed any obstructions and the receiver looks fine. I honestly have no idea what it is and was just throwing out a guess. Only things I coudl think of were replacing the recoil spring and tryign different mags.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#8]
tell me you are using commie mags and not US promags
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
tell me you are using commie mags and not US promags

Using the mags that came with it, 2 20's and 2 30's. No idea of origin. The rounds will move foward if tilted, they aren't strongly locked in place (though the top round won't fall out).
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The rounds will move foward if tilted...Are these the rounds on the very top??
If so....SOUNDS like some bad mags......
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The rounds will move foward if tilted...Are these the rounds on the very top??
If so....SOUNDS like some bad mags......

Yes. When I load the mag, the rounds will slide foward instead of locking into place. I have to push the tip of the bullet into the back of the mag to be able to load the next cartridge.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#12]
The top round "1st or 20th or 30th round" should not move when tilted fowards or backwards....
They will move if you smack the magazine.
Put those mags you got with the rifle to the side and go out and buy or borrow some true commie manufactured mags and stay away from the US manufactured mags...Pro mag
All the problems you have encountered should  GO AWAY.If they do then shit can those mags you got with the rifle.
If not....Something is still wrong...But it really sounds like shit magazines.
Like I said....The more info no matter how insignifcant is helpful.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top