Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:34:16 PM EDT
Well I finally made it out to the range to test out my two new underfolders, a recently purchased CAI Yugo and a Vector Arms Polish undefolder that I waited forever to receive. It was a no wind South Dakota day which is unusual, and a cool 30 degrees.

Let me first say that both rifles were field stripped and cleaned after receiving them from my FFL. Both rifles functioned 100% today with no malfunctions of any kind. I recently received my case of Wolf 122gr. FMJ's from Sportsman Guide, so that is what their diet was today. Grabbed some used IPSC cardboard targets, put high viz centers on and sighted both rifles in @ 100 yards. I shot 3 shot groups until sighted in dead on @ 100 yards. Then went to up 25 yards for some quick head shot flurries. Finished the day back @ 100 yards with 3 shot groups, the below groups pictured are the last 3 shots fired with each rifle. I like to start each range session with accuracy...and finish with accuracy.

The Yugo does have noticeably less recoil than the Vector.
Yogo last three shots taken @ 100 yards measure 1.65"

The Vector has a nicer fit and finish. (Utilizes a Ewbanks receiver) Vector last three shots taken @ 100 yards measure 1.90", (I think I pulled one though)

Both are keepers in my opinion! The Yugo cost $125 less, and may be more bang for the buck.
YMMV, Jeff
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool post, love the yugo
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the compliments Templar and BulletBait. Yes I also believe the extra weight of the Yugo aids in recoil reduction over other AKMS types. I shure wished I would of acquired a Yugo some time ago, man they are a sweet weapon.

edit for poor spelin
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're from Rapid City...did you go shooting up on Beretta Road?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the great wirte up and comparison.  I'm ordering 2-3 of those Yugos soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:29:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you're from Rapid City...did you go shooting up on Beretta Road?

ZWVirtual-Nope, I live in the Pierre area.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top