Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 1:27:26 PM EDT
My firing pin spring appears to be broken...the firing pin just floats back and forth.  Where can I get one?

Also, I asked in a previous thread how the piston is attached to the carrier.  I was informed that it is threaded in and then pinned.  well...there is no place on my carrier with a pin for that piston.  Any clues?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
the pin is ground flat, you will  have to remove some finish to see it.

the firing pin unless it is a chinese rifle(and not even all of those) is not spring loaded.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep,nothing wrong with the firing pin.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  A friend of mine is here and we were comparing my Vector to his VEPR and noticed the firing pin.  His VEPR's firing pin is spring loaded.

Of course if he would have bought a REAL AK, there would have been no differences!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks guys.  A friend of mine is here and we were comparing my Vector to his VEPR and noticed the firing pin.  His VEPR's firing pin is spring loaded.

Of course if he would have bought a REAL AK, there would have been no differences!

Whoa now! Stop with the Vepr bashing!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually want to get a Vepr eventually.  I can't decide between 5.45 and .223.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally would go with the .223/5.56 Verp. The 5.56 round is generally inhertly more accurate. IMO wardawg
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
While I like the idea of the 5.45, I would have to agree with wardawg. 5.56 is more readily available in more configurations.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Of course if he I would have bought a REAL AK, there would have been no differences!

fixed it for ya
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top