Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 1:05:58 PM EDT
Are the yugo underfolders and fixed stock the same model, just with the different stock type?  I see m70 all over the labels for the underfolders.  I thought the fixed stock models were m70's too, just without the folding stock?  If I am wrong, than what are the differences.  How is the quality of the yugo manufacturing too; how does it compare to the other ex block nations?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The fixed is M70AB1, UF M70AB2. this gets shortened to M70.
The Yugos are considered the best AKs made. The only real flaw is that the bores aren't hard chromed.
The kits coming in were used by Serbian militia who had little training, so most of them didn't clean thier guns after firing corrosive ammo and fired it on full auto all the time so most have crappy bores.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it hard to find new barrels?  Would a barrel from another country work on a yugo ak?  Or, are american made barrels available?

I found this on ak-47.us ;

"Many of the Romanian AK47 parts kits (which are among the least expensive and of high quality)"

Is this true?  Are the romanian kits of good quality as well?  I have heard a few complaints about their quality, so which is it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Most Yugo parts don't interchange.
Any good gunsmith can make a barrel, head down to the Yugo section.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top